4 oz butter
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ¾ cups of flour
¾ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1) Melt the butter, golden syrup and half the milk together.
2) Mix the sifted flour, cocoa and sugar in a bowl.
3) Add the melted butter mixture and beat until smooth.
4) Stir in the baking soda dissolved in the remainder of the milk.
5) Pour into a 23cm (9 inch) prepared round baking tin.
More Chocolate Recipes
7) Test with a skewer. The cake is cooked when the skewer comes out clean.
8) Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, before turning out onto a wire rack.