Spiced Apple Cake
"Quick, Easy, A Great Cake for All Occasions!"
This Spiced Apple Cake is one I turn to when I can't think what else to make in a hurry. It is quick and easy and makes a moist, cake that doesn't need icing and transports well. Spiced Apple Cake is ideal for picnics, taking to friends or just for lunches, afternoon tea, or to use up those extra apples. If your family enjoys muffins and you want an even quicker baking time in the oven you can also use this recipe to make Spiced Apple Muffins!
2 large apples peeled and diced ( approx-11/2cm pieces)
1 cup sugar
4 ozs(125grms) melted butter
2 beaten eggs
½ cup of raisins
½ cup of chopped walnuts ( or sunflower seeds)(optional)
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon baking soda
3. Sift dry ingredients and fold into the apple mixture.
4. Add the fruit and nuts
5. Mix well
6. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin
7. Smooth so evenly spread in tin
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180oC or 350oF for 30 – 35 minutes.
9. Cooked when skewer comes out clean
10. Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack
11.Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or Greek yoghurt
"Afternoon Tea and Apple Cake...Yum"